This article was first published in the November 2022 edition of the Franchise Journal.
With more than a dozen Veteran-owned locations nationwide, PatchMaster knows first-hand that experience gained during military service are a great fit for running a successful business. Combining those skills with PatchMaster’s Franchise-first model empowers Veterans to learn a trade, run their own franchise business and find financial and personal independence in the civilian workforce.
Dave Biggerstaff, PatchMaster serving Charlotte, N.C., is a great example of how Veterans can find success with PatchMaster. Dave served in the U.S. Army from 1972-1978, where he was an Armor officer and attained the rank of Captain. Throughout his various company-grade positions as tank platoon leader, recon platoon leader, company executive officer and tank company commander, he learned many leadership skills which still serve him today.
“At PatchMaster, we recognize the immense sacrifices Veterans have made for our country, and we are here to fully support our military professionals as they transition into civilian life,” said PatchMaster President & CEO Paul Ferrara. “We know each owner has the skills to lead in diverse environments and achieve desired outcomes. These proven leadership skills, coupled with the ability to take direction, will make them excellent franchise owners.”
Dave wants other Veterans to know that investing in a franchise is a chance to own a business without spending years developing the experience necessary to do it on your own. He notes that PatchMaster provides training to quickly set Owners on the path to success and provides an easy way to learn through shared experiences with others. He also says that corporate support is friendly and constructive but allows for flexibility in running the business.
“With PatchMaster, I am building a business that will outlast me,” Dave said. “It is a way I am able to build a systems-based company that provides satisfying work for a number of employees and an income stream for me that will last through my retirement years.”
PatchMaster proudly offers Veterans 50 percent off royalty fees for the first 12 months of business, as well as extensive technical and business training at corporate headquarters in New Jersey. However, as Dave notes, it’s just a nice bonus. The real reason Veterans should consider PatchMaster is because it’s a great opportunity.
“I appreciate PatchMaster for offering a discount towards our Veterans, but it did not influence my decision; I’d recommend it regardless,” said Dave.
PatchMaster Veteran Owners:
- Mitch Baker – PatchMaster Serving Lexington & Irmo
- Dave Biggerstaff – PatchMaster Serving Charlotte
- Kevin Crane – PatchMaster Serving Williamsport & Central PA
- Mick Dubuis – PatchMaster Serving the River Parish Areas
- Tim Forrest – PatchMaster Serving Raleigh Durham & the Triangle
- John Gallina – PatchMaster Serving Lake Norman, Statesville & Salisbury Region; founder of Purple Heart Homes
- Robert Lattau – PatchMaster Serving Southeast Denver
- Rob Moore – PatchMaster Serving Lake Norman, Statesville & Salisbury Region; founder of Bronze Star Homes
- Alex Reinhart – PatchMaster Serving Northern Columbus
- Aaron Sandvig – PatchMaster Serving West DFW
- T.J Treat – PatchMaster Serving Encinitas & Carlsbad
- Jeremy Wiles – PatchMaster Serving Ogden to Logan
- Kody Yates – PatchMaster Serving St Charles County
- Mike Yetter – PatchMaster Serving Scranton
About the Author
Kris Longmore, PatchMaster Development Director, is passionate about helping individuals and investors pursue their dream of business ownership through franchise systems. Kris has 10+ years in franchise development, including being a multi-unit PatchMaster Franchisee location in Texas.